How to Write for Us
We publish local news, events, reviews, photos, and more. The more local, the better. Make it conversational, but true. Each story must have at least one photo or video.
We use a D.I.Y. approach to submitting stories. Here is how to submit a story:
- Register as a user. Then login to go to your “dashboard.”
- Choose posts and new posts. Copy/paste or write your story in the post box
- Upload photos, paste links to videos (upload them to Youtube or Vimeo)
- Save as “DRAFT” while you work.
- Ready to publish? Save as “SEND TO EDITOR”
- No nudity
- No profanity
- No personal attacks
- No attacks on race, creed, sexual orientation or national origin
- Do your own work
A good story :
- Tells the who, what, where, when, why, and maybe how
- Includes at least one photo with a caption and “Photo by ____”
- Has links to people, places, and things you put in your story.
- Shows not tells, and includes facts, quotes, and not what your gut says.
- Your “Display Name” must be a real name. We do not publish stories under screen names or aliases
Get some viewers:
- Link to a video or audio
- Add tags so search engines know what your story is about
- Use a keyword(s) to help Google find your story in your headline and the story
- Here on our Flickr with a creative commons share-alike license
- So we can showcase them on our Tumblr.
Some tips from the Yahoo Style Guide
- “Some people won’t be able to see the images on your site—for example, people who use a text-only browser (such as those on some mobile devices) so add alt-text descriptions to images
- Write alt text for an image even if the image has a caption—for search engines, it’s desirable to have the extra text associated with the image. But avoid using the exact same wording for both alt text and caption.
PROBLEMS? Contact [email protected]
- Alt Tag: How to Set Up An Image Alt Tag(affiliatestartingline.com)