How to Submit Your Photos to Chicagotalks
We want your participation making a visual map of Chicago neighborhoods. The Chicagotalks Flickr Group values diverse images that represent the color and energy of Chicago neighborhoods. We want to see our neighbors and everything that’s happening in our neighborhood.
How to submit:
- Be Descriptive
- Use your full name. In the caption, include as much information as you can: What’s happening in the photo? Who’s in the photo? Link to the corresponding news item (if any).
- Tag your photo — Try to choose general topics that will help other users to find appropriate images. Think “Chatham”, “Millenium Park”, “business”, etc. Learn more about tagging.
- Title your photo — Titles should be short, descriptive, and interesting. Think “Ice Cream” for a photo of a cone, and “Pepsi Delivery” for a delivery person making a soda drop-off.
- Geotag your photos — We want to know where all photos were taken. It is preferable that submitted photos be geotagged. (Flickr has a brief overview of geotagging that is worth checking out)
- Add your photos to the Group — Members can add photos to Chicagotalks group by clicking Send to Group at the top of each individual photo, OR, to add a group of photos at once, click Batch Organize, grab and drag the photos you wish to share, then click Send to Group.