Have a story you’d like to have featured on the site? Below are the criteria for submissions.
- Must have a Chicagoland news peg. The Chronicle covers Loop and campus news, so we encourage submissions that go beyond the Columbia campus and venture out into other parts of the city.
- Includes a photo. All submissions are required to include an accompanying image that correlates with the story. But fret not! You don’t have to be a professional photographer to get a great photo for your story. Your smartphone is a great tool for capturing photos, and the college has many resources to teach you how to use your camera to the fullest extent.
- Original photos are preferred, but if you’re struggling to find an image, you can use a copyright free photo from sites such as pexels.com or unsplash.com. Must include photo credit regardless of who took it.
- Send an email to email@example.com with all of the above required materials.
- Structure the subject line as, STUDENT SUBMISSION: Title, First and Last Name
- In addition to attaching the document in the email, please share the doc with firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions should be typed on Google Docs.
- If we think your story is a good fit for ChicagoTalks, our editor, Avery, will look through your piece and leave suggestions on the document while editing. If necessary, you will be asked to take the suggestions and edits into consideration and rewrite portions of your piece.
- After your piece is edited, Avery will work to get the story published. Once published, we will share the link to your story!