As the sun rose this morning in Irving Park, many proceeded to go about in their daily routine. However an aura of uncertainty filled the air. People would pass by without glancing at one another. Many looked down to the ground while waiting for their bus. One week prior many had a smile on their face to see their boys in blue win it all after 108 years. Now the residents are feeling blue about the man who was just elected into the highest office in the land. Life will still continue in Irving Park, but many will start to review their future life in the days to come.
Irving Park Blues
More from 2016 Road to the White HouseMore posts in 2016 Road to the White House »
More from CommunityMore posts in Community »
- Columbia College Chicago gives students the spotlight during Biggest Mouth showcase
- From Columbia College Chicago to the Chicago Tribune: Zareen Syed reflects on her career
- Opinion: How will looming Chicago budget gaps effect Mayor Brandon Johnson’s ability to pay for promised initiatives?Opinion: How will looming Chicago budget gaps effect Mayor Brandon Johnson’s ability to pay for promised initiatives?
- A conversation with: Head clerk of a Chicago Public Library, Vida Baleckaitis
- A dance group that is out of this world