It’s a man’s world, but these women have made a place for themselves and forged a trail for other women who are looking for a career in media. Come out and hear about what it takes to be a broadcaster, publisher, reporter, and business executive when you are black and female. Their stories can inspire all of us. The program is called “Trail Blazers in Media and Advertising” and it is free and open to public, featuring:
- Melody Spann Cooper — Chairman, Midway Broadcasting Corporation President, WVON
- Merri Dee — Legendary Broadcaster and author of Life L essons on F aith, Forgiveness & Grace
- Linda Jefferson — Senior Vice President, Group Media Services Burrell Communication
- Hermene Hartman — Publisher, N’DIGO
- Darlene Hill — Reporter/Anchor, FO X 32
Ferguson Theatre, 600 S. Michigan Ave. on Thursday, February 27 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
These media mavens will share their experiences and talk about future careers in media and advertising. Mark your calendars and join the conversation.
This Black History Month program is co-sponsored by the Office of the Provost and the Alliance for Women in Media/Chicago Chapter