In celebration of Bike Chicago 2013 and Chicago Bike Week, The City of Chicagois hosting a public service announcement (PSA) video contest to help spread the message that bicycling is a fun, healthy and environmentally-friendly form of transportation.
Video finalists will be shown at the Bike Chicago Movie in Millennium Park on Tuesday, June 11 and the winners will be announced at the City of Chicago’s Bike Rally on Friday, June 14.
PSA themes can include but are not limited to safety, shop by bike, exploring neighborhoods, women and children, environmental impact, teens and bikes, racing, advocacy, and infrastructure.
Videos will be judged on creativity, cohesion with the Chicago by Bike theme, quality of the production and overall impression.
There is no fee to enter the contest. Videos will be submitted through The Chainlink.
This contest and the Bike Chicago program presented by Goose Island is in conjunction with The Chainlink and Active Transportation Alliance.
For more information and details on Bike Chicago 2013, please call (312) 744-3316 or visit www.bikechicago.us. Join the conversation on Facebook (Bike Chicago) or follow us on Twitter at @ChicagoDCASE, #ChiBikeWeek.
- PSA submissions must be uploaded to The Chainlink by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on Sunday, May 26, 2013.
- Finalists will be notified by Monday, May 31, 2013.
- General Public will be allowed to vote on the finalists from Tuesday, June 4, 2013 through Wednesday, June 12, 2013.
- Finalists will be shown at the Bike Chicago Movie in Millennium Park on Tuesday, June 11, 2013.
- Winners will be announced at the City of Chicago’s Bike Rally at Daley Plaza on Friday, June 14, 2013.
- Videos submitted after Sunday, May 26 will not be accepted
- Videos must be filmed in the City of Chicago and reflect the message that bicycling is a fun, healthy and environmentally-friendly form of transportation.
- PSAs must be between 30 and 90 seconds.
- Bike footage must follow all rules of the road. Visit http://www.chicagobikes.org/bikelaws/or http://www.activetrans.org/everydaybiking for more information.
- File format must be .mov, .mp4, .mpg, .avi, .wmv, .3pg, and .3g2 and cannot exceed 100MB in size.
- PSA content deemed offensive or dangerous by the reviewing committee will be disqualified. This includes, but is not limited to any sexually explicit or suggestive, obscene, lewd, violent, illegal, offensive, disparaging or inappropriate behavior, words, abbreviation, language, signs, products, symbols, political, personal and/or religious references or statements (including, but not limited to, words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group). Please remember to follow the Illinois Bicycling Rules of the Road.
- Entrants agree not to submit any entry that infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable U.S. law.
- Upon uploading the submission, entrants agree to the additional terms of service. Participation in this competition explicitly grant the Bike Chicago program, program partners and sponsors rights to all submitted works, in full or in part, as it finds appropriate, without compensation to the author.
- How to enter
- Fill out the below form and upload your submission here. Upon notification, finalists will be asked to submit a high-resolution DVD copy of the original submission.
- Bike Chicago – Bike To Work Week Events(cityofchicago.org)
- Steven Vance Reveals Updated Chicago Bike Guide(chicagoist.com)
- Chicago Ranks 10th On Most Bikeable Cities List(chicagoist.com)