Whether you are a photo major or just love photos. We’re looking to publish your work. Here’s how to get involved.
How to submit:
- Sign-up for a Flickr account.
- Join our Flickr Group. Chicagotalks
- Add your Chicago photos to our group.
- Be Descriptive
- Use your full name. In the caption, include as much information as you can: What’s happening in the photo? Who’s in the photo? Link to the corresponding news item (if any).
- Tag your photo — Try to choose general topics that will help other users to find appropriate images. Think “Chatham”, “Millenium Park”, “business”, etc. Learn more about tagging.
- Title your photo — Titles should be short, descriptive, and interesting. Think “Ice Cream” for a photo of a cone, and “Pepsi Delivery” for a delivery person making a soda drop-off.
- Geotag your photos — We want to know where all photos were taken. It is preferable that submitted photos be geotagged. (Flickr has a brief overview of geotagging that is worth checking out)
- Add your photos to the Group — Members can add photos to Chicagotalks group by clicking Send to Group at the top of each individual photo, OR, to add a group of photos at once, click
We also post post photographs to tumblr where your work can get further exposure.