Calling all residents of zip codes 60612, 60603, 60616, 60605, 60653, 60608, 60604, 60607, 60611, 60606 and 60601. Columbia students, this may include YOU. Take a plunge, and visit the John G. Shedd Aquarium, 1200 S. Lake Shore Drive, at special discounted rates. This deal is brought to you by the 2nd Ward and Ald. Bob Fioretti.
On Sunday, Dec. 12 and Sunday, Jan. 2, 2011 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., the Shedd will offer special discounts for residents of the 2nd Ward. Enter through the “Group Reception Center” entrance (south side of the building near the bus unloading area) look for the “Welcome 2nd Ward Residents.” Take the ramp to your right and walk up. You will have to prove you live in one of the selected zip codes that make up Chicago’s 2nd Ward.
The Special 2nd Ward Shedd Aquarium Days include:
- “Buy One, Get One Free All-Access Pass” or 50 percent off a single All-AccessPass* [Full Price: Adult: $26.95; Child: $19.95.“By One, Get One” 2nd Ward Day Pricing: Adult: $13.50;Child (ages 3-11) $10]
- A 10 percent discount on all food in the Shedd restaurants and gift store items
- A special wristband to identify all 2nd Ward Day guests
- The “Shedd Welcome” to 2nd Ward guests from Shedd interpreter prior to first aquatic show at 10:30 a.m.
The Shedd is a place for communities to gather, families to create memorable moments, grandparents to visit with grandkids and a place for adults to reconnect with their favorite childhood memories. A new adventure can be found each day at Shedd Aquarium.
*Note: The All-AccessPass includes Oceanarium, Wild Reef, Original Galleries. *$2 per person additional for the aquatic show. *$4/person additional for 4-D Theater Experience.
- Shedd Aquarium Puts On An Air Show With Birds Of Prey (chicagoist.com)