Crime Advisory from the 2nd Ward
From Ald. Fioretti’s email:
As Chicago Police are questioning three suspects in these crimes, they continue to seek the
Notes from the 2nd Ward
assistance of residents in the ongoing investigation of recent strong-arm robberies in the South Loop/Southeast section of the ward. Police have also asked for your continued help in being aware, vigilant and responsive.
Please continue to report all suspicious activity to 911 emergency services for the attention of police. These robberies have been reported recently in an area bounded by Roosevelt Road, 18th Street, Prairie Avenue and Michigan Avenue.
The offenders in these incidents have exited a vehicle, approached a pedestrian from behind, knocked them to the ground and taken their valuables. The offenders were described as follows:
- Three to four male black offenders, 18 to 25 years old, 5’10” to 6’01” tall, 140 to 200 lbs., wearing dark clothing.
- A female black, 16 to 19 years old, 5’08” to 5’10” tall, 120 to 130 lbs, has accompanied the offenders in at least one of the incidents.
Police and the alderman ask that you do the following:
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Walk with a friend, not alone.
- Do not display iPods, iPhones, cell phones, or anything else of value as you are walking.
- Call 911, the Chicago Police Department, if you observe suspicious activity.
- Report all suspicious activity such as erratic driving or “casing” of our blocks.
- If you have any specific information about this incident, please call the Area 3 Detective Division at (312) 744-8263.
NOTE: 1st District Chicago Police and CAPS Beat 133 will be conducting a community walk this Saturday, July 16, 2011, beginning at 3 p.m. at Women’s Park, 1801 S. Indiana Ave. Please come out and meet 1st District CAPS personnel.
For more information, you can call Ald. Fioretti’s office at (312) 745-4381.